The Church is to be "God's new society" in the world. Small groups offer a place for Christians to grow deeper into this vision. At Lakeside we have many different groups, which encompass and reflect the life and passions of our community. Pray and ask God where he is calling you to engage this coming year.
MEN'S PRAYER BREAKFAST
The Men's Prayer Breakfast is offered every other Friday, in the Fellowship Hall at 7:00 am. Breakfast is always served. Please check our calendar for meeting dates.
Christian disciples of all ages who desire to be used by God to walk Godly, restore families, be fathers/brothers, focus on marriages, rebuild businesses, rejuvenate the church, sharpen each other and show our world the love of Jesus Christ.
WOMEN'S STUDY GROUP, October - May
This group meets once a month on Sunday evenings at 7:00 pm, in the Christian Education Room (October - May). The group is led by Marilyn Schneider. For more information about the current course study guides, please contact Marilyn Schneider at 561-582-8260.
The Presbyterian Woman is a small group of ladies who welcome and encourage all women of Lakeside, and visitors, to join in their activities.
The 1st & 4th Tuesday of the month, 10:00 - 11:00 am, Oct. - May in the Christian Education Room, the PW meet for TIS (Together in Service).
The 2nd Tuesday of the month, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, Oct. - May in the Christian Education Room, the PW meet for Bible Study.
The Presbyterian Women of Lakeside continue their work year in and year out. Below is an overview of the 2015 PW Programs and Activities:
- Two fundraisers: a yard sale on November 7th and a bake sale on November 22nd.
- They sponsored a luncheon at Lakeside following a worship service in March.
- They held a retreat, called Garden Getaway in April.
- They participated in the preparation and processing of the gift boxes for Operation Christmas Child in November.
- They process, count, and deliver to the Presbytery the donations from the "Cents-Ability" monthly offering" collected by the children at the worship service on the last Sunday of every month.
- They made donations to the Presbytery as birthday, thanks and mission offerings.
- They paid for three people to go to a retreat in Coral Springs.
- They contributed to the Christmas Dinner event that was held for participants in the Family Education program.
Alpha gives everyone the opportunity to explore the meaning of life in a relaxed, friendly setting. The Alpha course meets weekly on Mondays at 7 pm. Sessions begin with a meal, followed by a short talk and time to discuss what's been taught. Please check our calendar as this group takes a few weeks off in the summer months, and contact the Church office for the location of the meeting.
During the discussion, everyone is welcome to contribute their opinions and no question is considered hostile or too simple. Questions might include—Is there a God? Why am I here? Where did I come from? Where am I going? We believe these questions are relevant to those in and around Lakeside.
For more information about our community groups, please contact the Church office at 561-833-3756, or